Using ASO to Make Your App a Success
When you’re creating an app, there’s a lot that you have to think about. It takes more than just engineering an app that the public will want to purchase. Instead, you have to get the word out about what you’re selling. You need to make sure that your app is visible to the public or else they won’t know it exists. To do this, you have to employ “App Store Optimization” or ASO, as it’s commonly referred to.
- Make sure your description is eye catching: Your description is what’s going to first draw in potential buyers, so make sure it’s detailed and tells exactly what you’re offering. You need to make these viewers feel like they can’t live without what you’re offering. Usually, your description should be about 3 or 4 sentences long.
- Update your release date: When you submit your app to the App Store, that becomes your release date. However, your app doesn’t end up appearing in the App Store for others to see for another couple of days. That’s why you need to go in there and edit your release date once that happens. This way your app will show up on the “New List”, so more people can come across it.
- Don’t only charge for your app: Sure, you should charge a fee for your app. After all, you worked hard to create it. But, you should also offer a free “lite” version so that those who are debating if your app is worth the money can get a feel for what you’re selling beforehand. Then, if they like what they see, they can go ahead and buy the real version.
- Become friends with the press: Any kind of publicity will help raise the public’s awareness of your app, so put together a well- written press release and send it out to any relevant websites, blogs, magazines, etc… Make sure you invite them to give your app a try and encourage them to write up a review of what they think.
- Take advantage of social media: It seems everyone is on social media nowadays, so use that to your advantage. Create a YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram account for your app and begin talking to those who may interested in buying it. This is your chance to get a firsthand insight into what you’re doing right and wrong from those who matter most.
- Promote, promote, promote: Advertising is everything and with the Internet this is made super easy. In fact, promoting yourself online is way cheaper than through any other medium. Not only that, though, but you can also link from your ad straight to the page on the App Store where potential buyers can purchase it.
To make a successful app takes a lot of work, but if you follow the steps above and instill the correct ASO practices, it should come a little easier to you.